- Being Eurasian - Memories Across Racial Divides!
- Social Construction and Social Work Practice: Interpretations and Innovations!
- The Cambridge Dover Wilson Shakespeare, Volume 13: The Third Part of King Henry VI.
- Full text issues.
- EBSCOhost | | EURASIAN REFLECTIONS ACROSS TWO GENERATIONS..
- Being Eurasian: memories across racial divides - Meiqi Lee - Google книги.
- Duplicate citations;
Bertil Lintner , a long-time correspondent for the Far Eastern Economic Review, is the author of many books. In , he received an award for excellence in reporting about North Korea from the Society of Publishers in Asia.
Vicky Lee. What was it like being a Eurasian in colonial Hong Kong? How is the notion of Eurasianness remembered in some Hong Kong memoirs?
Symons became headmistress in , and held that post until her retirement. Symons is credited with turning DGS into the leading girls' school it remains to this day: in particular pioneering all-round education to " nurture broader minds, with music, dancing, sports of all kinds ".
She was one of three women to be subject of the book Being Eurasian: Memories across Racial Divides , which centred on the difficulties faced by Eurasians growing up in Hong Kong in the s and s. Symons was bestowed the title 'Justice of the Peace' J. She was appointed to the Hong Kong Legislative Council in through , and the first woman appointed to serve on the Executive Council of Hong Kong , in She was awarded an honorary Doctorate of Laws LL.
D by the Chancellor of the University of Hong Kong in She retired in , and published her memoirs entitled Looking at the stars: Memoirs of Catherine Joyce Symons.
Related Being Eurasian: Memories Across Racial Divides
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved